So many of us desire comfort, and there’s nothing wrong with that. We daily strive to be comfortable in this life. However, far too many of us desire comfort over happiness. Our comfort zones create an easy place to stay, even if it means staying too long. Whether it’s a bad relationship, a job or even a beloved home in an increasing decaying neighborhood, we tend to linger too long. Sometimes we stay so long that we fall asleep at the wheel and miss out on many great opportunities. Far too often we feel that the risk of change is too painful. Change is inevitable although many try to run from it, seeking the comfort of the past. If we decide to leave comfort behind and walk away from our comfort zones, than the very change that we fear may well bring true happiness. Happiness that we never will find in the midst of living in our own comfort.
Things change, life is fluid. Even when we do not want change it happens regardless.
- Your best friend meets the love of his life and gets married.
- Your favorite television show goes in a new direction that has you scratching your head.
- Your church decides on a makeover and puts down new carpet and paints the walls.
- The singer from your favorite band decides to go solo.
- Your place of employment decides to close the doors.
- You look in the mirror and notice grey hairs.
- A loved one dies.
Great and small, change is inevitable, like it or not. How we deal with it is the challenge. Do we face it head on and embrace it, or do we run from it, knowing that we can only run so far. Like the passing of the seasons change is inevitable and it is beyond our control.